Sunday, September 21, 2008

"Recycle" the bottle

I'm not convinced that plastic soda pop bottles are recycleable in any useful way. Coca-Cola has recently been making a big pitch for recycling their plastic bottles.

At the Minnesota State Fair there were giant plastic Coke bottles asking to be filled with empty plastic Coke bottles. I suppose so the empties could be made in to more giant plastic recycling/advertising stations.

It's interesting that the Coke recycling triangle has two arrows. They should have used just one arrow. The traditional "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" slogan certainly doesn't apply.



I've been complaining about this since the turn of the century.

2 comments:

jess smart smiley said...

Yeah! May I link to this blog from my site?

David Steinlicht said...

Can you link to this blog from your site?

I can't think of a way I can stop you!

In other words, you certainly can.